We provide a 6 month warranty from time of purchase on our leather bags.
WHAT IS COVERED BY OUR WARRANTY?
Our leather handbags are made with the best quality soft and lightweight natural grain cow leather sourced from Santa Croce sull’Arno in Tuscany, Italy. This is a natural product and each leather hide is unique. No piece will be exactly the same as another and some may have natural markings and character which are not faults, but show the natural quality. Colour fading or darkening, marking and stretching as a result of regular usage, all add to the character of your bag, they are not considered a fault.
During the warranty period, we cover Handbags that are defective in material or craftsmanship under normal use. This means that if the materials aren't right or if the handbag isn't put together correctly, we'll repair or replace it. If in the unlikely event this is the case, we will replace or repair your product at our discretion.
The warranty DOES NOT cover:
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, exceeding the weight restrictions indicated on product page, soaking, soiling, machine washing, accidents or normal wear and tear.
- Fading hardware
- The brand stamp as it will naturally fade with time
- The warranty will be voided in the case that a third party performed repair works or other works on the handbag without first contacting HARRY AUSTIN and obtaining approval.
Items listed as Final Sale, including those sold as part of our Handbag Revival collection, cannot be returned or exchanged, nor do they come with a warranty.
HOW TO CLAIM WARRANTY ON LEATHER BAGS?
We stand behind the products we create. If you believe your handbag has a manufacturing defect, we apologise and will do what we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 6 months of purchase with the subject “WARRANTY” providing your full name, order number, delivery instructions (eg. Authority to leave returned package at front/ back door) and photos of the suspected issue. Warranty claims require a proof of purchase, including items that have been gifted.
- Once our team has received your claim, if the covered item proves to be defective in material or craftsmanship under normal use, we will arrange for your item to be repaired or replaced free of charge. All warranty claims will be at the discretion of HARRY AUSTIN management.
- If the claim is approved, we will arrange to have your bag repaired free of charge, including packaging and shipping to and from the repair workshop.
- When posting your items, we strongly recommended you retain proof of posting and will not be held accountable for misplaced items.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your product to be repaired may vary however we aim for approximately 3-4 weeks turn-around time, from the time we have received your bag.
- If your item is out of the warranty period, please email us and we will refer you onto our recommended and closest repair provider.
LEATHER BAG CARE
To clean the leather:
- Wipe with a soft damp cloth (make sure it is damp not wet)
- Use a specialised leather bag cleaner for stubborn marks or dirt, but be aware that this can discolour your leather.
- Let water drops dry naturally, using heat to dry can warp your leather.
MUM ACCESSORIES CARE
Our Mum Accessories are made from waterproof Nylon for easy cleaning.
To clean the nylon:
- Simply remove Mum Accessory from the bag and shake free of any mess or crumbs
- Wipe with a soft damp cloth (make sure it is damp not wet) or wet wipes
- Do not wash in washing machine or soak in water.